featured food

Fresh Lemonade: Yes Please?!

4:00:00 pmUnknown



So I've got recipe for you that will quench your thirst and tingle your tastebuds and is everyone's favourite street corner favourite, fresh home-made lemonade! With a few twists of course. Now this is definitely my favourite treat drink, I prefer this 100% more than fizzy pop, when I'm treating myself to a drink other than my trusty friend water. I have perfected this recipe over the years and found a semi sweet balance (I really don't like lemonade when it is too sickly), so without further adieu, here is the secret to my not very successful, success. Enjoy peeps.

{Makes Approx 1L}

Ingredients:
-8 cups of water
-1 1/4 cups of white granulated sugar
-1 cup of lemon juice (preferably fresh, but store bought will work)
-Pitcher/s of ice
-1 freshly sliced lemon

1. In a small saucepan heat the sugar along with 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Now you have made your sugar syrup, go and pop it in your fridge and let it chill. Go and make yourself a cup of tea and a read some more blogs while you wait. 

2. Now once you have deseeded your lemon juice (pulp is optional, but I love it) and sliced your fresh lemony goodness, go ahead and mix with the water and syrup until it all looks like pitcher full of lemonade. And that's it, umm, easiest drink ever right? And so scrumptious!

Now if you want a twist, read on;
{Follow the original recipe and just add on!}

Strawberry and Mint Lemonade
Add 10 cut up strawberries and 10 mint leaves for that cooling, sophisticated twist on your fab creation.

Grapefruit and Blackberry Lemonade
Add 1/2 of a grapefruit cut up and 1/2 of the grapefruits juice, a handful of crushed blackberries and mix in your pitcher for a sweeter, berry version of the well known classic. 

Vodka Lemonade
(Do I really have to explain this one?)

It's ok to make it your own, you do you girl (or guy). Be crazy! It's yours to play with and this recipe is yours to master. What's your favourite drink? Let me know in the comments!

-G xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My guilty pleasure is Coke Zero, apart from that I stick to Water and Tea. But this sounds great for Summer.

    http://www.lindalibraloca.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, tea is another thing I'm obsessed with! Loved your blog xo

      Delete

Popular Posts

Live Twitter Feed

Contact Form