featured life

The Positivity Act: Actively Choosing A Better Lifestyle!

6:23:00 pmUnknown



Staying positive all the time is difficult, I know this. I have been through my fair share of dark days, and some days you have an excuse to avoid all human contact but some days you wake up and you just aren't feelin' it. It's hard to look at life with a positive outlook when most of the time you are brought down by situations and some of the people you surround yourself with. And what makes it all harder is it is much easier to be brought down throughout the average day than be pulled up. Depression, anxiety, stress and judgement are all around us, we know that, and as upsetting as that is, it's the gods honest truth. And what's worse is humans seem to be developing a characteristic of avoiding conflict; avoiding anything that could mess up the status quo. When in reality we could all use a little bit of positivity so that we can infinitely enjoy those happy vibes. 

I have suffered from anxiety for quite a while now, and like most people who suffer, I have mastered being able to mask it. I know that no one wants to see someone struggling but I also know that most people actually don't care if they are not affected first hand. I went through my hardest time right after high school graduation, I moved away from my local area so I lost touch with a lot of the people I went to school with. After the move, I found myself feeling insignificant and this was when I started doubting myself, and ever since it's been a struggle to get back into a confident and happy place. I just started to tell myself that I've grown older, and while going out on my own ventures, I have just grown apart from the people I used to spend a lot of time with. So with that, I needed to push myself into putting in the effort to let all it go, and I did. I have let go of all the sadness, the anger, the confusion, and blaming myself. Letting go and coming to peace with a situation, one at a time, is the best thing you can do for yourself. So I am learning and still trying to live a life filled with love, support and gratitude, for the people who are there, that constantly give me the pep talk that I need every once in a while.




So I pitch to you, the positivity act. Turn the struggle into something that motivates you too strive for a happier lifestyle. I want this in my life, I want to be a successful in regards to being a positively infused human and I want to project that into the people I come into contact with. So after research, trial & error, long chats and too many cups of tea, I have come up with some different ways that you can inject a bit more happiness into your life. 

Step One: Choose Positivity

Now I had always been a pessimist, I chose to see what could go wrong, or the bad things that could happen and without realising it, you can actually create some of that negativity just by choosing to find it. So why not do the same, but the opposite? Actively look for the positives in every situation. Share your happiness, make someone feel better about themselves, be there for someone who needs you. You control your attitude, no can take that from you. 


Step Two: Do Things That Make You Happy

Make yourself feel better; this was a big one, if you are feeling down, go and do something that you guarantee, will cheer you up. If you love baking, make some cupcakes. If you love exercise, go for a walk along the beach. And if you just want to snuggle up with a good book and a hot tea, go do it!


Step Three: Get Rid Of Any Surrounding Negativity

You need to make a conscious effort to separate yourself from people who are a constant negative influence on your life. Now this may be one of the hardest things you will have to do, because these people could be people you love or people you spend a lot of time with. There was a few people in my life that always brought me down, so I decided to separate myself from them, and it was the best decision I ever made. Trust me, it will be hard at first but you'll be so much happier in the long run.




Have you got any other tips? I'm always here if someone wants to talk, if you ever need a friend, send me an email {beautyposer@hotmail.com} and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Thanks for reading, this post is pretty close to my heart.

-G xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. That means so much Lauren! I really hoped it helped you, even just a little xo

      Delete

Popular Posts

Live Twitter Feed

Contact Form