featured life

Mother's Day: Gift Guide! ♥

1:40:00 pmUnknown



For everyone who lives in Australia, you will know that Sunday the 10th is no other than Mother's Day. So I thought it would be appropriate to do a last minute Mother's Day gift guide! Now if you are one of those people that always find yourself leaving things until the last minute or just have to much going on around you to really give yourself the time it takes to find a perfect gift, don't stress, I've got you covered. If you are like me and always dream big, you'll find it hard to find that perfect gift, but what I have found through the endless little chats with my mum, is that mums in general prefer a thoughtful gift over an expensive one. Now don't get me wrong, if I had endless amounts of money, I would have booked me and my mum a trip to New York City, maybe do dinner and a show, take her shopping and let her pick out whatever she wants and end the night with a firework show that we could watch from the top of the Empire State building, but I'm not a bank. So unfortunately I have to reel in my ideas and pick a gift I can actually accomplish and I know she'll love. So from me to you, my top 5 Mother's Day gift guide...


1. Now if you don't want to be conventional and give an actual wrapped up gift, then how about the perfect day out? Take a camera, snap some pics, make some memories that you and your mum can think back on for years to come. Pack up a picnic, bring a bottle of bubbles, get her in the car and drive her to the prettiest place you can think of. A park, a beach, a spot that you can look over the city? It's up to you. Set out a blanket and have some of that precious Mother/Daughter time that doesn't come around too often. She'll look back on that day and thank herself that she has those memories to cherish.

2. For the creative mind, do something outside of the box. Make your mum a video, whether it be of just you or you get your siblings involved, make your mum something that she can watch until her hearts content. I remember one year for Mother's Day, I got the video camera out and made a cover of a song my mum loves. I sang for her and the lyrics were so close to home, I felt like I had wrote the song especially for her. She loved it.

3. Okay, for the shopper. Get down to the closest shopping mall with a list of things your mum will love. My mum is a PJ's hoarder, every time I ask her what gift she would love to receive, her answer is a good pair of pyjamas. I don't blame her, I mean a cosy pair of PJ's go a long way. Another thing you could buy her is a lovely piece of jewellery, one that she could wear everyday, so that when she looks at it, she is reminded of you and if you want to take it a step further, get it engraved with a favourite quote or just a simple 'I Love You' would be perfect!

4. For the DIY guru, get your thinking caps on and get down and dirty with your gift. Think of something that your mum would love and the fact that you have made it with your own two hands would make it even more special! My suggestion? Candles! My mum adores candles, honestly, she falls in love and I have to say, she has passed on the gene. There is just something about having a lovely low lit room and the scent of your favourite candle burning through. It is so relaxing and when she lights the wick, and the flame burns brightly, it will remind her of how much brightness and love she brings into your life.

5. If your a little tight on money, don't panic, the good thing is you could tell your mum how much you love her and she would be happier than if you gave her any gift. The truth is, and my mum has taught and told me this a million times, having you there, in your mums life, is a gift in itself, watching you grow and turn into something she is proud to call her child, that is a true gift. So spend the day together, make her dinner, draw her a relaxing bath and hug her goodnight, and I guarantee, your mum will go to sleep with a smile on her face, wishing she could hug you again and next time for that second longer than the last. 


Happy Mothers Day to all the deserving mums out there and I wish you the happiest of days! 

Let me know in the comments what you got your Mum for Mother's Day! 

-G xo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is the cutest thing in the world, wish I had of read it earlier 😍

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Live Twitter Feed

Contact Form